Powerful. Clean. Pure. Approved.
Specially formulated by Catalytic Generators, Ethy-Gen® II is the efficient and clean way to convert to ethylene. You may have heard it called “ripening fluid,” because that’s exactly what it does. Simply pour it in or connect it to one of our generators, and watch the safest and most effective consistent ethylene production begin.
Since we manufacture Ethy-Gen® II with only the purest ingredients available, there are no harmful byproducts produced when converted to ethylene in one of our Catalytic Generators.
Don’t be fooled by copycat “ripening fluids.” There’s only one that has passed the stringent standards of both the US-EPA and UK-CRD….Ethy-Gen® II. So you can be sure of the purity and safety of what comes out of the ethylene generator when you only pour in Ethy-Gen® II!
- Ethy-Gen® II is sourced from grain not petroleum, making it more environmentally friendly and from renewable sources.
- Ethy-Gen® II and the compounds emitted from its conversion through a catalytic generator have been extensively tested by a third party as directed by UK-CRD and are authorised for the use in ripening fruit. Don’t use untested and unapproved ripening fluids; these may result in inferior and unsafe by-products!
- Ethy-Gen® II is fully labeled and batch numbered for traceability.
Use of illegal ripening fluids
You may have heard of some confusion in the past, particularly in the UK, where some companies were selling unregistered ripening products. In order to distinguish between these illegal products and Catalytic Generator’s legal ones, please click here to read the statement made by the UK’s Chemical Regulation Directorate (CRD) of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) about this issue: CRD Statement.
The unique sweet smell of Ethy-Gen® II
Also, ethylene is odorless and without measuring the level in the room, there’s no way to know it is present in the ripening room. No ethylene = no ripening. That’s why ethylene created from Ethy-Gen® II has a slight sweet smell…letting you know it is there, doing the work to help make delicious fruit.
Available by the case in two different container sizes:
- 12 – 1 quart bottles (0.946 litre; shown above, available worldwide)
- 55 gallon container (208 litre) for the Centralized Ripening System (only available to CRS clients)
Contact us for pricing and fast delivery.
We’ve improved the packaging for one of our most popular products, all for your convenience.
Safety Data Sheet
We have a comprehensive and regularly updated SDS that we will send upon request; please contact us for a copy
*Remember that ethylene is explosive at 27,000 ppm; always use our generators in ripening rooms that is are 45 m3 or larger. Our products, when used as directed, cannot produce explosive levels of ethylene in commercial ripening rooms.